Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

Hi, I'm Andrea. Welcome to my blog!



Above is a photo of my mother and me after the Go Girl Triathlon in 2011. My mom inspired me to do triathlons. My uncle, Alan, suffers from chronic Leukemia. Alan inspired me to join The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training (TNT) .

As a member of TNT, I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers. To accomplish that mission, I’m participating in the Steelhead Half Ironman (that's right 70.3 Miles!) as a member of TNT. Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.

Please make a donation in support of my efforts with Team In Training and help advance the research for cures! Just click the "Donate Now" button on the right and help me reach my goal.

Keep checking back to hear more about my journey as I continue my training and help raise money for this cause that is very near and dear to my heart.

- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment